THE CHILDREN’S WORKSHOP - CLAREMONT PH: 021 671 7538/2555
2nd Plane of Development - Childhood - the Reasoning Mind - Ages 6-12
The Children's Workshop offers the following:
- Junior Primary - Ages 6-9
- Adult to Child ratio is 1 : 15
- The child progresses from the concrete to the abstract, supported by the specifically designed Montessori equipment.
- Field trips and outings reinforce thematic work and the curriculum. This is a critical link between theoretical work in the classroom and the real world in which we live.
- The integrated learning areas covered are:
- Language: English, Afrikaans, Xhosa
- Maths & Technology
- Culture: Music, Drama, Art
- Sciences: Natural & Social Sciences
- Life Orientation: Practical Life/Life Skills
The Primary classroom appeals to the children's needs to develop their powers of reasoning and also provides materials which stimulate the imagination. Children at this age are also encouraged to get involved with charitable work in their community, as they have an acute sense of social justice.
8h30 to 1h30
- Catch-It is offered as part of the curriculum and done on Mondays in the morning - included in the fees.
- Kids Clay is available for an extra fee