PRIMARY - CLAREMONT - PH: 021 671 3916
Admission is open to all children between the ages of 6 and 12 years.
Click HERE for the forms to download
We give preference to children who come from a Montessori background. We encourage all prospective parents to make an appointment to spend time observing in our classroom environments to get a better understanding of the beauty of Montessori.
Please contact us on 021 671 3916 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
- Complete the Application and Admission form, complete and fax through or email the school (see above) and our administrator will be in touch to make an appointment.
- These forms must be accompanied by proof of payment of the application fee.
- The school will call the parents for an interview and date of observation at the school, both for child and the parents.
- For Primary the child may need to spend a day or 2 in the environment first for us to observe and assess him/her, and for the child to see if the environment is the right place for them.
- For Primary, we may require each parent to spend a day in the classroom to which they are applying. Montessori education is different from traditional schooling and it is important that parents understand what the school is about before they sign up.
- Only after this observation and full interview with parents will the family be informed in writing of the child’s acceptance.
- Should the child be accepted, payment of the non-refundable enrolment fee will then secure a child’s place at the school.
- At this point the school will issue the family with the welcome letter.
We hold various parent informative & educational meetings and these are compulsory for all parents to attend.
The family needs to understand and acknowledge the values of Montessori Connect Primary, as the education of a child is a 3-pronged approach: 1 – the child, 2 – the teacher/school, 3 – the parents/family. If any one of these is pulling in a different direction, then the process will not work effectively and the child’s development and education will be compromised and their true potential may not be reached.
Despite family circumstances we encourage both parents to be an active part of the process.
Parents need to give the school three months notice should they decide to leave the school. A full term's fees may be paid in lieu of notice.