NUTWOOD FOREST - GREEN POINT - PH: 021 439 4874
Admission is open to all children between the ages of 4 months and 6 years.
Click HERE for the forms to download.
We give preference to children who come from a Montessori background. We encourage all prospective parents to make an appointment to spend time observing in our classroom environments to get a better understanding of the beauty of Montessori.
Please contact us on 021 439 4874 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
- Complete the Application and Admission form, complete and fax through or email to the school and our secretary will be in touch to make an appointment.
- These forms must be accompanied by proof of payment of the application fee.
- The school will call the parents for an interview and date of observation at the school, both for child and the parents.
- Only after this observation and full interview with parents will the family be informed in writing of the child’s acceptance.
- Should the child be accepted, payment of the non-refundable enrolment fee will then secure a child’s place at the school.
- At this point the school will issue the family with the welcome letter.
We hold various parent informative & educational meetings and work days and these are compulsory for all parents to attend. The family needs to understand and acknowledge the values of Nutwood Forest and Montessori Connect, as the education of a child is a 3-pronged approach: 1 – the child, 2 – the teacher/school, 3 – the parents/family. If any one of these is pulling in a different direction, then the process will not work effectively and the child’s development and education will be compromised and their true potential may not be reached.
Despite family circumstances we encourage both parents to be an active part of the process.
Parents need to give the school a full term's notice should they decide to leave the school. A full term's fees may be paid in lieu of notice.